Part Oneâ€”True or False (2 points each)
- 1.______ An assignee takes more rights than the assignor originally had.
- 2.______ An assignee is the party who transfers the right to receive performance.
- 3.______ The most common award for breach of contract is specific performance.
- 4.______ A liquidated damages clause may sometimes be held unenforceable because is considered a penalty.
- 5._______ Duties that are personal in nature generally cannot be delegated.
- 6._______ Parol evidence may be allowed to explain an ambiguity.
- 7._______ A contract for the sale of a small parcel of remote land for $450.00 does not have to be in writing to satisfy the statute of frauds.
- 8._______ A lease for a term of more than one year must be in writing to satisfy the statute of frauds.
- 9.________ A mutual mistake of value exists if both parties know the value of a contract, but are mistaken as to the subject matter.
- 10._______ A material fact is one that is not very significant to the subject matter of a contract.
- 11._______ When proving duress to avoid a contract, the plaintiff must show he had no practical alternative but to acquiesce to the other partyâ€™s threat.
- 12._______ The law allows rescission of some contracts where there is mutual mistake.
- 13._______ A collateral or guaranty contract must be in writing to be enforceable.
- 14._______ A promise to â€œwork for Alex until Alex diesâ€ is a contract that cannot be performed within one year.
- 15._______ In the U.S. when a party wins a breach of contract suit, courts typically order the losing party to pay the winning partyâ€™s attorney fees.
- 16.________ An incidental beneficiary of a contract may sue the breaching party to recover for injury.
- 17.________In Lucy v. Zehmer, which appears in your text, and was discussed in class, the seller ultimately won the case because the contract was not in writing.
- _18.______Generally, a catalogue listing with description and price is considered an offer by the sender of the catalogue.
Part Twoâ€”Fill in the Blanks (2 points each)
(19) A ______________________ damages provision in a contract specifies that a certain dollar amount is to be paid in the event of a future default or breach of contract.
(20) If a plaintiff wins a breach of contract case, but is unable to prove he was damaged by the breach, the court will typically award ________________________ damages.
(21) The essential feature of the agreement to void a contract on the grounds of ____________________________ is that the party being taken advantage of did not exercise free will in entering into the contract.
(22) When a condition operates to terminate a partyâ€™s promise to perform under a contract, it is called a condition __________________________.
(23) A condition that must be fulfilled before a party is required to perform under a contract is called a condition __________________________.
(24) To be valid, an offer must be communicated to the _______________.
(25) A _____________is a rejection of an offer and the simultaneous making of a new offer.
(26)Â A contractor who completes a building to specification but is one week late in completing the building has ____________performed the contract.
Part Threeâ€”Problems (8 points each)
- A. Nano Corp. offers to sell a robotic device to Motor Assembly, Inc. for $15,400.00, but mistakenly transposes some of the digits in the price so in the written offer it appears as $14,500.00. Motor Assembly, Inc. accepts the offer. Can Nano avoid the contract? Why or why not?
- B. Morell bought a security guard business from Conley, including the real property on which the business was located. Neither party knew that underground storage tanks were leaking and contaminating the property. Sometime after the sale, the county advised Morell that it had discovered the leaking tanks; and that the leaks were contaminating Morellâ€™s property and neighboring property. The value of the land was therefore substantially diminished. Morell sought to rescind the contract with Conley on the ground of mutual mistake. Will Morell prevail? Why or why not?
- C. Ambrose hires Bierce for $25,000.00 to supervise the production of Ambroseâ€™s crop, but then breaks the contract by firing Bierce at the beginning of the season. A nearby grower offers Bierce $23,000.00 for the same growing season, but Bierce refuses to take such a pay cut. He stays home and sues Ambrose. How much money, if any, will Bierce recover from Ambrose and why?
- D. Roberta offers to sell certain land to Emily for $10, 000. This offer is made by a letter, signed by Roberta and mailed on March 1, 2008. The letter also stated that the offer would be kept open until July1, 2008. About two weeks later, Roberta sent Emily another letter in which she revoked her offer. On June 15, after she had received both letters, Emily wrote to Roberta accepting her offer of March 1. Discuss in detail whether there is a valid contract between Roberta and Emily.Â Discuss the mailbox rule.
E.Â Garage Doors of Rockville contracts to purchase $50,000.00 worth of Â Â Â Â Â remote garage openers from Remotes R US. Remotes R US fails to deliver on the contract. Garage Doors purchases the garage door openers from another vendor for $55,00.00. Two months later, Remotes R US attempts to deliver the openers and Garage Doors of Rockville refuses delivery. Remotes sues Garage Doors for $50,000.00. Garage Doors counter-sues for $50,000.00 plus its attorney fees. Who will prevail and what amount of damages will be awarded?
F.Â Andrea is a real estate agent with a thriving business selling houses, but Andrea does not have a license as required by the State of Virginia. Andrea and George agree that Andrea will attempt to sell Georgeâ€™s house for him in exchange for a commission of 6% of the selling price. Andrea sells the house for George, but now George learns that Andrea did not have a real estate license and refuses to pay her the agreed commission. Andrea sues George for the commission. Who will prevail? Why?
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!